(Hablaya) After each week of intense Spanish classes, our Spanish students keep asking for beach trips during the weekends so this time we’re heading to Las Lajas. We’re planning an active weekend full of sports, yummy food, Spanish learning and a reggae party!
Las Lajas has always been the most popular beach amongst us Chiricanos (natives of the province of Chiriqui) but there is no need to worry about the crowds: with its 22 kms of volcanic sand, there is plenty of space for everyone. Las Lajas is perfect for swimming as its currents aren’t too strong but there are just enough waves for a nice body boarding session or your first surfing lesson.
Las Lajas is one of Central America’s longest sand beaches
Now, if you’d like to chill out, relax and get a tan, you can also pick your own stretch of beach and just watch everybody else play around!
The itinerary for this weekend’s trip to Las Lajas is as follows:
Saturday July 2nd
- 9 a.m. – Depart from Boquete to Las Lajas Beach
- 11:00 a.m. – Arrive to Las Lajas and get set in the cabins
- 11:30 a.m. – Beach time!
- 12:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 4:00 p.m. – Spanish session with one of Habla Ya’s Spanish teachers
- 5:00 p.m. – Beach Hike
- 6:30 p.m. – Dress up time: get your groove on for the party!
- 7:00 p.m. – Jamaican style barbecue
- 8:30 p.m. – Reggae Party with open bar and bonfire at El Mundo
Sunday July 2nd
- 8:00 a.m. – Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – Ultimate Frisbee Tournament
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch Time
- 1:30 p.m. – Soccer Tournament and more beach time
- 4:00 p.m. – Depart back to Boquete
For Habla Ya Spanish students this trip will cost only $95 per person (and $125 per person for non students). Price includes:
- Roundtrip transportation Boquete to Las Lajas
- All meals (1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner), snacks, cold beer and rum during the party, soft drinks and fruit
- Accommodation at cabins
What to bring? A towel, a couple of changes of cloth, swim-wear, sun-block, mosquito repellent, passport or copy of it, camera, extra water and a back-pack.
We’re just have way through our summer calendar of events so if you’re still thinking about where to study Spanish in Central America, join us at Habla Ya Spanish School and we’ll make sure that you learn Spanish AND have the time of your life!